Please Note: I no longer run training classes. I am happy to do one to one puppy or training visits.
At Paws in Progress we aim to make our dog training classes a bit different.
Our classes are small (usually 4-5 dogs)
- This means we have time for each dog and are able to help you to teach yourdog in the way you want to
- The classes are calm and quiet to give dogs the best environment to help them learn.
- Dogs are working throughout the whole class. There is no waiting for your turn.
- Our training is aimed at training for real life situations.
Adult Dog Training Classes
For adult dogs we run training classes near Lutterworth. These classes focus on building a good foundation in training and we work towards the APDT beginner or Foundation Good Companion Awards.
- Friday evenings at 7.30 at Walcote Village Hall,
- Thursday evenings at Peatling Parva Village Hall
These classes are aimed at dogs with little or no previous training. These classes are ideal for older puppies or rescue dogs.
Classes are small with usually of 4 or 5 dogs per class.
This class builds on the basic training skills taught in our puppy training classes and works towards the APDT Good Companion beginners or foundation award. These awards are geared to training your dog for ‘real life’ situations, and involve exercises such as control at a doorway and calm behaviour in a group.
Mable Playing an Interactive Game
Advanced Dog Training Classes
The advanced class is for dogs with previous training and is by invitation only.
This is a challenging dog training class which aims to train dogs for real life situations and includes exercises such as leaving dogs in a stay while owners hold a conversation and calling your dog away from distractions
. Dogs in this class are working towards the higher level APDT Good Companion awards, and some excercises are off lead.